The TEAM Card
A new initiative by the Lifting Equipment Engineers Association to raise standards of safety in lifting equipment testing, examination and maintenance.
How do you know if the person responsible for keeping your lifting equipment in a safe condition, is qualified to do the job?
Ask to see their TEAM card!
The holder of the TEAM card holds the evidence of their training, enabling them to Test, Examine And Maintain your lifting equipment.
Key Features of the TEAM Card
- Linked to the Association’s examination diploma scheme.
- The TEAM card provides evidence of identity and qualifications.
- Only available to diploma qualified lifting equipment engineers working for LEEA member companies.
NOTE: Passing the entry level examination does NOT grant access to the TEAM Card scheme. To qualify for the TEAM Card, an engineer must first have passed at least one of the following diploma courses:
Course 2 - Lifting Equipment General
Course 3 - Lifting Machines Manual
Course 5 - Lifting Machines Power
Course 6 - Runways & Light Crane Structures
Or have attended one or more of the following Intensive (Practical) Diplomas and passed the end of course exam
- IP 2 - Lifting Equipment General (5 day) Diploma
- IP 3 - Lifting Machines Manual (5 day) Diploma
- IP 4 - Lifting Machines Power (5 day) Diploma
- IP 5 - Runways & Light Crane Structures (5 days) Diploma
- Valid for 3 years, the TEAM card holds the name, photograph, employment and qualification details for the engineer. A contact number on the reverse allows clients to confirm that the card is genuine and website details allow the course content to be viewed.
Make sure the engineers and companies maintaining your equipment are part of the TEAM, ask to see the card!
LEEA holds the records of 8000 trained engineers employed by member companies in 38 countries around the world. With 500 new trainees each year LEEA members are staffed with the key personnel to ensure that your equipment is maintained in prime condition ensuring safe and trouble free working.
LEEA Training Courses
Run for over 50 years and regularly updated, LEEA correspondence courses are the industry benchmark; recognised worldwide, the 20 week training modules or 5 day intensive practical courses lead to a written examination. Successful candidates are awarded a diploma in the specialised subject area studied.
Full details of the courses can be found here - Training Services